Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Shabby Chic Pocket Pal Letter

Hello Friends!
     It's been a long time since I've posted. My oldest started college last year at Mizzou, so I amped up my Ebay store to help pay his way.  I enjoy it, but I just haven't had time to play in my studio until today. 

 I saw one of these Pocket Letters on Facebook and thought my Digi's would be perfect for these! You can buy this Digi pack here

https://www.etsy.com/listing/233238859/lot-of-3-shabby-chic-victorian-roses?ref=shop_home_active_1
  

  Everyone who purchases this Digi pack will be entered into a drawing for This Pocket Letter and some other surprise goodies! Drawing will be on the 23rd.

 Real quick, for those who don't really know what these Little Pocket Pal Letters are all about, here it is in a nutshell.

 You make them to exchange with a friend like you would a pen pal letter. In one pocket you would put the letter and the others you decorate and place small little gifts. You can collect them in any 3 ring binder...so fun!

So, like I was saying, I saw one of these on Facebook...Of course I couldn't wait to try one, so snuck up into my teenagers room and stole one from his binder of Garbage Pail Kids lol. Shhhh don't tell!



You can fit a image that measures 3.5 x 2.5 inches in each pocket. This first pocket is decorated with pretty little mat that fits perfectly. I'll be adding these to my zibbet this week. The second pocket is a manila tag cut down a bit and wrapped with crinkled seam binding. The seam binding and flowers are little gifts that the recipient can use to make their own Pocket Pal Letter or for another project.

This pretty image was cut to size and inked.


I stamped and cut down a shipping tag and added some loose diecut butterflies that can be pulled out and used.


Another stamped tag with a die cut dress form that can also be pulled out and used.

I wrapped some vintage ribbon onto a shipping tag and added a little buckle.

These little doilies are loose and can be used by the Pen Pal


This is the other side. I just love the idea of giving and receiving such fun little gifts in a pretty keepsake package!



Te bag with a pretty paper band.

Extra digi's and wooden buttons

Flowers and butterflies


Loose Birdcage charm


Thanks for looking at my first Pocket Letter!
Take a peek in my store to find goodies to make your own and don't forget to get the Digi pack to be placed in the drawing for my Pocket Letter.

3 comments: